This project was born when I decided to learn about managing an online web server.
Before that, I worked for months on my intranet. That project was called intra.lab.
When I was faced with the decision of choosing a domain name for my server, I decided to call it extralab. Later on, I settled with the name daco.tech.
What is daco.tech exactly?
- First of all, it's a Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- It's running CentOS 7
- It's a LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- It's hosting several websites. This Wiki (obviously), but also a Zabbix monitoring server, and Peter's website (PHP development)
What's the goal of daco.tech?
- Teaching myself about Linux
- Teaching myself about security and best practices in the industry
- Creating a website for hosting my documentation
- Creating a portfolio for employers